Our first afternoon we headed to the Saigon Central Market. Oh man what a place. This is like Reading Terminal meets Rice’s Market on speed. I think you could possibly buy anything there. Let’s start with the cool food. The minute we walked through the door it was all over for Jack. Pig hearts, intestines, brains and blood. Live frogs and fish of every imaginable kind. And the people are just chopping the crap out of them while they are still alive. Ok – trip over. I can go home now. That was way to cool and that is all I really came here for!! Marie’s Dad said if I really have a set we can order some up to eat when we go out into the country to Chao Doc where they have a house. It will take a lot of Tiger Beer but we shall see.
Pig heart - yum - and yes that is a fly.
That night we ate at a place called the Barbeque or other. Very cool grill your own meat place. My favorite was the cheese and lemon grass wrapped in beef and grilled thingy. Yummy. Anything beef and cheese and I am sold. That was day 1. Cheri, Johann and Dad are off to Phou Qoc tomorrow for a diving trip. Doesn’t look good. The water apparently is pretty messy. Anywho it will be all Rebl’s and one Saner tomorrow. Basically doing exactly the same thing. Shopping at the market and eating great Vietnamese food. The next day we head to Chou Doc. A six hour car ride deep into the heart of Vietnam. This should be cool.

No comments:
Post a Comment