Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ras Tanura Phillies

Jack played pee wee baseball this year in RT. It was quite a challenge coaching this crew. Most had never played ball before. They know cricket but not baseball. In the end they all played really well. Jack was far and away the best player on the team. In fact he will move up to the next division a year early next year. No more coach pitch. Time to play with the big boys. I was the pee wee coordinator so I got to pick the names for the teams. Obviously I made sure our name was something I could wear with pride. Unlike a couple of years ago when he played for and I coached the stinking Yankees. Aww it was horrible having to wear that hat. BTW notice that Jack and his friend Trevor are trying to look like tough guys. I will have you know it was everything he could do not to bust our laughing. Tough guy is not in Jacks vocab.

No comments: