
This year for Halloween, Sarah was a 'Diva', Jack was 'Captain Jack Sparrow' and Anna a 'Black Cat'. I knew that our shipment wouldn't make it before Halloween, so I sent their costumes in our Air Freight box. There was a small chance that the costumes would be "misplaced" by customs, but I was thrilled when all 3 costumes made it!
Anna & I celebrated early as our Mom & Tots class had a Halloween Party one week before Halloween. Another mom & I set up an area in the room for our group to take pictures.

Halloween is pretty big here as it's the only non-religious and non-patriotic holiday us Americans celebrate - so we can decorate to our hearts content - it figures that its my least favorite holiday. Oh well, you can't win them all. It has been fun, because for some kids, this is their first Halloween as they are Australian, Indian, Nigerian, etc. On the morning of Halloween, we had a school parade and I brought Anna dressed up in her costume to see Sarah & Jack. Anna & I then went with them to their classrooms for their Halloween Parties.
Steve couldn't find anything to dress up in for the school parade, so he decided he would wear one of Sarah's wigs just to get in the spirit. I didn't see him in the parade, but I did notice the school mascot who led the parade was very cute....wait a second...I know those buns! Lo and behold, Steve was "Bob" our school mascot:) We didn't tell the kids while we were at school, but when they found out later that afternoon, Steve was such the celebrity - Sarah kept hanging on him giggling.

Halloween night, Cheri came up. Steve took Sarah, Jack and a couple of their friends trick or treating while Cheri & I took Anna in the golf cart to some houses. I then met up with Sarah & her friend and "drove" them around a little bit. I saw Jack's 8 yr. old Indian friend and asked him if he liked Halloween since I knew this was his first one. He replied, "It's okay, but my feet hurt from walking so much and I'm too tired!" So, in the golf cart he came with us - these kids are so spoiled!
We had a great night and the kids really enjoyed themselves. By the end of the night, Anna was saying, "Twick or Tweeeeet!"

1 comment:
Looks like so much fun! Brings back memories from when I was in the Halloween Parade at school. I can't believe how much you and Sarah look alike in that wig!
Post a Comment