
The other big news of the weekend I mentioned above is that we are no longer confined to driving the golf cart around camp. We are now the proud owners of a big honkin' 2001 Chevy Suburban! I purchased it from a company down south on the way to Dhahran. Aramco leases most all of it's vehicles for 2 or 3 year terms. When they turn them back in, you can go and buy them used. I got this at a great price with only 37,000 kilometers on it. It is a beast. I think it may have been used to inspect the oil lines out in the desert because it came with sand tires on it which I have to replace. The company I purchased it from cleaned up the engine and replaced filters, belts, fluids and jacked up the A/C. They also cleaned out the inside. This should last me a long time.
We also have recently aquired a motorbike. I can't call it a motorcylce because it is too small. However is it bigger then a scooter and therefore is called a motorbike. It is not actually ours. Cheri has hooked up with a group of women here in RT who all ride scooters. They formed a little biker group called the "Hooters on Scooters" and drive around for fun once a week or so. So Cheri picked up this bike and keeps it in our garage. We get to use it whenever we want.
Of course there is also the golf cart. A 2004 Club Car that has been a life saver for us for the past month. I wish I could say it has done the same for my golf game but it hasn't.

Finally, I can start the count down to Bahrain. We were supposed to go this weekend but didn't have the car lined up. So then we were going to go this coming weekend but due to Eid I don't have the paperwork on the car in hand yet and I need the registration to get through customs going accross the causeway. Now we are looking at 3 weekends out until we can go. That means that in exactly 17 days we will make our way out of kingdom for the first time. I have an education conference in Bahrain that weekend so the district is sending us for one night and we decided to extend it to two nights. I can't wait. I was driving the golf cart home from golf yesterday all hot and thristy and I found myself daydreaming about a tall cold beer. Not a Sam Adams or Stella or some high end beer either. I was dreaming of a Miller Lite! Oh lord I can't wait. 17 days baby. 17 days.

2 comments:
Eid Mubarak! You look very much at home in the beach party photos.
And what fun toys -- so when you are riding the motorbike, are you a part of the "Tooters on Scooters" group? Just curious.
Glad to read that things are going very well for you guys! Love you all!
Love you guys! I'm reading the blog...keep it up!
-Jimmy
Post a Comment