Of course I got sick a couple days beforehand and for a day there we thought we'd have to reschedule, but I was determined not to pass up this opportunity! Once again, Aunt Ceci rocks - she took all 3 kids and tired them out by taking them to the pool and park. It's so nice to go away and come back to the kids saying what a great time THEY had!
Steve & I tried another hotel this time: the Gulf Hotel. It was very nice. They have something like 6 restaurants onsite, so it was nice for Steve to not have to drive. We relaxed by the pool, had happy hour and headed to the Thai restaurant. I'll have you know, Steve picked the restaurant - I think I've officially converted him into a Thai food lover!
Pool time:

Steve laughed when he took the below pix of me, he said it looked like we were in Thailand (b/c of the Thai restaurant in the background) instead of Bahrain. Notice me reading a magazine by the pool - I can't remember the last time a read a magazine with my back towards the pool, not keeping an eye out for the kids - it was great!

We were really looking forward to dinner - there are 2 soups that we're crazy for. Being that I had a head cold, I was looking forward to eating mine; Tom Yum Koong:
And Steve has a favorite soup that he discovered on our recent trip toThailand, Tom Kha Gai:
In addition to his soup, Steve ordered another one of his favorite Thai dishes; Spicy Beef Salad. As you can tell by the following picture, it was pretty spicy!

For breakfast the next day, we went to Ric's Country Kitchen. It's a place a lot of expats go to. I think it's kind of a "greasy spoon" type place, but once in a while it hits the spot. We each got the Farmer's special: Eggs, hashbrowns, biscuits with sausage gravy and a pork chop (yes, you read correctly:)
It was a great night away - thanks A.Ceci!
It was a great night away - thanks A.Ceci!
Can't wait to see what 28 brings me next year :)
Happy Anniversary, honey!

2 comments:
So if you're 27, that makes me only 20 - right?!?!
:)
Glad you had a fun celebration!
Looks like you guys had a great time! Happy Belated Birthday & Happy Anniversary!!
I hope there won't be anymore 2nd cousins!! ;-)
Post a Comment