Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So not ready...

Baby Anna...isn't a baby anymore. We've had 2 successful weeks of potty training, and it looks like she's well on her way. Then a friend of ours gave us a sweet little toddler bed, so we've been on the fence whether or not we should transition Anna from a crib to a bed. Steve & I talked about it 2 nights ago and since she'll most likely be sleeping in beds alot on repat, we thought we should start now. But then we thought we shouldn't rush her since she seemed content in the crib and wasn't climbing out. So we decided to wait.

The next morning I went to get her out of her crib and when I opened the door, I saw her standing up with her leg swung over the railing just about to make a break for it....ugh - I guess that's a sign.

Last night, Steve & I spontaneously broke down her crib and set up the toddler bed. She walked into her room as we were setting up the toddler bed and gave us a look like, "Uh....have either of you noticed my crib is missing?"

Next thing I know, she's laying in her new little bed while we're telling her how pretty it is and what a big girl she is. She crawled right in and covered herself with her blankie and quilt. Then she got up, got a book, climbed back in and started to read. Are you kidding me?

I thought 2 things: 1) this was too easy. 2) I'm so not ready for this. It was like pulling off a band-aid. It was so quick and painless, well, almost painless. Painless for Anna, not so painless for me. My little baby girl is growing up. Quick, think fast, okay, I know what to do; I did what any mother who feels this way would do- I told Steve we need another baby....and then he looked at me like I had 3 heads. Oh well, it was worth a try:)





Sweet Dreams, Big Girl!




2 comments:

Chelle said...

WOW!!! What a BIG girl! And so sweet with her little book. Your baby is growing up!

Scott and Anna Marie Lanza said...

I think it's time for you guys to have another one....