Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Days 3-6

Let's see, this is what we've done so far this week:

Sat - Mom & I went to the commisary to get some groceries, and then we joined a couple of other moms in my weekly "Moms & Tots Stroller Walk". It's not a long walk, just about a mile and a half, but we walk pretty fast and it feels good to do it. We walk along the beach path, so it's a pretty reminder of where we live and the kids enjoy the scenery on the walk as well. Dad played 9 holes in the afternoon and then they picked Sarah up from swim practice and treated her to an ice cream before coming home. I got dinner set up and then went to yoga which I'm really enjoying. I came home a little after 6pm and dinner was on the table - excellent! :)

This is a pix Dad took while he was golfing of our cart and the "greens" (or in our case, the "blacks" :)


Sun - Mom, Dad & I walked along the beach path to our coffee shop on the beach: The Carlton Lounge. The coffee is good and the view is beautiful! And this time of year it's so nice to sit outside and enjoy the gorgeous weather! When we came home, the fish monger came around and I bought 6 kilos of shrimp. Because it took him so long to clean, Mom, Dad & Anna went to lunch with Steve, Sarah & Jack at the Hobby Farm w/out me and brought lunch back. It turns out I should have kept Anna with me - she was apparently a real handful at lunch and her grandparents now know what we mean when we say she's a peice of work! - she gets this from the Rebl side of the family:) Mom & Dad picked Sarah up from swim practice again - which I know Sarah loves. We grilled some chicken and had some friends over for dinner, so it was a nice relaxing night in the backyard.

Take a look at the gorgeous shrimp!

This is the Carlton Lounge patio:

Mon - Mom & Dad went to the school in the morning for a tour from Steve. Anna & I went to our Moms & Tots playroom for a little bit in the morning & Mom & Dad went back to the Carlton Lounge. Dad has been so kind as to take on a project I've been meaning to get to for literally years now. I kept a leaded glass door from our first house and have been meaning to finish it and hang it in the house, but never got around to it. Yesterday afternoon, Dad starting stripping the paint off. I'm sure it will keep him busy for a couple of days - but I sure appreciate him getting this started! Last night we had dinner at home and then went into Rahima - our little town and showed them around a little bit. Our last stop in town was ice cream and chocolate - yum!

A pix of Steve & Mom in his room:

Tues - This morning Anna & I went to our Fun Play with our Mom & Tots group while Mom & Dad walked to and had coffee at the Carlton Lounge (hmmm, do we see a pattern here? Hey - why not? The coffee is good, the walk is healthy and the view is fabulous! :) We all met up at lunchtime here at home and then once the kids & Steve went back to school and Anna went for her nap, Mom & Dad went to the beach. Tonight we have plans to go into Khobar and of course eat dinner at the Thai House:)

This is the view you get walking on the beach path going to the Carlton Lounge from our house:


I'll continue to give updates - keep checking!

3 comments:

Chelle said...

I don't know which looks more enticing -- the beach views, or the shrimp!

Jaime said...

WOW! Looks like everyone is having a fantastic time!! Give them our best! Can't wait for more posts!

Marie said...

Thanks for checking in - love it when I get comments from friends & family!