All we have to drive right now is the golfcart. In the next few weeks we hope to pick up an SUV of one kind or another but for now that is it. The gas mileage on this thing is insane. You have to fill it once every three weeks. And that is without another vehicle. I suspect that it will be once a month eventually. For those of you wondering gas is $.60 a gallon for regular. When we do have to fill it the only gas station in the camp is at the extreme opposite end from us. In a car it would take less than 3 minutes to make the drive. In the cart that is not so. Our cart is slow!! We are getting the engine tweaked up this week but for now it is like sprinting to the gas station. And I don't mean Carl Lewis sprinting. I mean chubby Steve sprinting. So the other day I finally need gas and I drive all the way down to the station on fumes. I know this because you can lift the seat and look at the gas tank. It is white plastic and you can see the gas. I was on serious empty. I pulled in and jumped out to lift the seat as that is where the gas nozel goes as well.
The attendant comes running out and says in his best Bollywood accent :
"Hello sir. I am sorry sir."
Are you ready for this,
"I am having no gas this day."
I looked at him. I looked at the worlds largest oil depot sitting literally a kilometer (notice my very Middle Eastern use of the metric system) behind us and asked him if he was serious.
"Yes sir. I am being sorry but the truck is having no sticker and could not leave the gas."
You have got to be kidding me!
I am in Saudi freakin' Arabia and the gas station is out of gas. So I had to drive the cart all the way back to the north end of the community again but I needed to go even slower to conserve gas. Once again - welcome to Aramco.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
You have got to be kidding me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh my goodness that is CRAZY!
I love your blogs. I can picture everything you explain. Thanks.
Thanks for leaving comments! We love hearing fr/ our family and friends and know that everyone cares enough to "stop in and check on us" :)
anna is lookin' cool in those shades!!!!
Love the carseat!! .60 cents a gallon! and I thought Houston was cheap!
Post a Comment