
We arrived at our house at about 10:30 (I think - It has been a week now) and were greeted by some friendly gecko's running around the front entrance. Sarah smiled and started speaking in an English accent like the gecko in the Geico commercial. The house is really nice. Not nearly as big as what we had in C'Ville but nice all the same. It came equiped with new everything. New fridge, dishwasher, washer and dryer, oven, tile floors, corian counter tops, ac unit, carpeting upstairs all brand new. Very nice. The company is renting us furniture to use for now. Marie and I are sleeping in a double bed. We are used to a king. Oye. The best part is we all fell asleep at 11:30 that first night and slept through until the next morning when we were awakened by the gardener ringing the doorbell. We have slept through the night since and have had no jet lag at all!! People we talk to keep saying "just wait it will come" but it has been 8 days and nothing. I think we beat it - this time.
So the first week begins. I have worked a lot and Marie has done her best to get the house togther. Cheri has been a huge help and has lent us a lot of things we did not realize we would need. The people of this community are amazing. They are constantly dropping off food. Fruit, banana bread, shwarma, chicken and rice among other things. The community holds 3200 when full. It is at about half capacity right now but on every street they are gutting houses and putting in the all new everything like they did for us. There are a lot of people on the way. Just to give you an idea the school enrollment at the end of last year was 130 K-12. Right now it is at 190 and by next week it will be 210. By November they anticipate 250 with a total of 300 by years end. They are talking about building and new school building. That's it for now. I will write more tonight as I find I really enjoy doing this.
Happy Birthday to my sis Missy!
Steve - Ras Tanura KSA 8/29/07

No comments:
Post a Comment